Friday, October 18, 2013

Arrows All Around

I would like to introduce you to Arrows All Around, my sixth pattern. 
 


I tried some new things with this quilt, it is my first pattern having the blocks on point and my first quilt using Kona Ash instead of White as the background.  I used a bunch of different prints in reds, aquas, blues, and yellows.  This was also my Lovely Year of Finishes for October.

This quilt pattern can be made using basically any type of pre-cut (charm pack, layer cake, jelly roll, fat quarter, fat eighth, quarter yard cuts) and scraps.  The pattern contains detailed instructions and cutting diagrams for each pre-cut size and directions on how to combine various sizes of pre-cuts for the arrows.

I had some wonderful woman to help test and review this pattern: Judy, Paige, and Katy.  These women definitely improved the pattern and my thanks go out to them.

I quilted the quilt in a loopy pattern and backed the quilt with a fun modern sheet I found on sale at Target.

The pattern is now available through etsy and craftsy.

This was also my "A Lovely Year of Finishes" October goal on Bittersweet Designs blog .  Here is my original linkup (on flickr because it was before I started my blog).

Thank you so much for visiting my new little blog! I hope you visit again soon or subscribe :)

Cheryl

I am linking up to Link a Finish Friday, and Whoop Whoop Friday, Find a Friend Friday, and Finish It Up Friday

.
LAFF - Richard and Tanya Quilts








15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your pattern ...loving those arrows. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your pattern fount your blog on find a friend friday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! What a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this pattern! It is original with kovely colors. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your pattern! This would be a nice change from cars and trains for a little boy. I'm going to follow you in my RSS reader--I'm a chemical engineer too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this pattern, and I can see it looking great in so many different fabrics! Your scrappy binding is the perfect finish too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved seeing the quilt in person today at the meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Striking design and fabric combination, Cheryl! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your quilt Cheryl! Very fun, unique and colorful. The Kona ash makes for such a nice background for the colorful arrow pinwheels! Congrats on creating your pattern! Oh, I am a new follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is such a clever and fun pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a cute design! great job

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!